- I realized that I had been transported into the future of what was still my hometown.
- Parents understand how important education is to their children's future
- We can't imagine what the world is going to be without purified water.
- There was a woman who was the boss of the office in which I wanted to work.
- In 2008, you will see Beijing as beautiful as a garden, with cleaner water and clearer sky.
- The girls were surprised at the fact that ocean ships can sail up the Great Lake.
- As with hiking, you should always think about your safety and wear good clothes.
- He tries cutting and chewing the bottom of the shoe as if it were the finest steak.
- that is, they have learnt how to live successfully in their habitat.
- John was late for the business meeting because his flight had been delayed by a heavy storm.
- I surf the Internet all the time and I like playing computer games.
- Rather than take it all the way, they decided to take the train from west to east across Canada.
- In such dry weather, the flowers will have to be watered if they are to survive.
- I know how easy it is to begin smoking and how tough it is to stop.
- A week later I decided to go and see for myself.
- We can't predict the climate well enough to know what to expect.
- I was really anxious about you.
- It is almost five years since we saw each other last time.
- Once, the earth was a beautiful blue planet where people lived happily among trees and animals.
- He got to the station early for fear of missing his train.
- The best way to make sure that we will feel and look fine is to develop healthy eating habits.
- So many thousands of terrified people died every time there was an outbreak.
- There are two buildings, the larger of which stands nearly a hundred feet high.
- We will reach Dali in Yunnan Province soon, where our cousins will join us.
- In their efforts to survive, they find themselves on the surface of the monster itself.
- The reason why people choose to live in the city is that the life is more convenient and colorful.
- It was felt in Beijing, which is more than two hundred kilometres away.
- What she couldn't understand was why fewer and fewer students showed interest in her lessons.
- I found some photos of interesting places which were not too far away from Chengdu.
- With two exams to worry about, I have to work really hard this weekend.
- People who listen to Hawking's lectures sometimes find it difficult to understand him.
- This is the first time that I have ever tasted this kind of food.
- I had a great first impression of American people.
- The moment I did it I knew I had made a mistake.
- An awful accident did, however, occur the other day
- Only when you realized the importance of English can you learn it well.
- I do hope so because I want you to live as long and healthy a life as I have.
- Would you slow down a bit please?
- If driving, Futuroscope is within the easy reach of the freeway.
- Proper measures must be taken to limit the number of foreign tourists.
- Leaving the moon's gravity was not as painful as leaving the earth's.
- As is known to everybody, the moon travels round the earth once every month.
- He could not have Yong Hui getting away with telling people the lies.
- So she made her diary her best friend.
- I found I was carried twice as far as on the earth and fell over.
- They lived on the earth tens of millions of years ago, long before humans came into being.
- She is content with what the representatives from the world summarized at the Earth Summit.
- On hearing the news of the accident in the coal mine, she went pale.
- In some western countries, demand for graduates from MBA courses has fallen down
- Now that you've got a chance, you might as well make full use of it.
- Fans showed their devotion by waiting for hours to get tickets for their concerts.
- That is the reason why I'm not in favour of revising the plan.
- I am now filled with happiness that I am a devoted friend and helper of the human race.
- Adventure travel is becoming more and more popular.
- We do the cut and paste, but we don't use the scissors or the glue.
- He became inspired when he thought about helping ordinary people.
- The fact is that I earned my passage by working as an unpaid hand, which accounts for my appearance.
- I personally feel that teacher is the most important profession in the world.
- She is a black woman whose rise to fame is an inspiring story.
- Arriving at a strange-looking house, he showed me into a large, bright clean room.
- We first broke the law in a way which was peaceful.
- I cycled as fast as I could and saw that the driver in the yellow car was waiting at the red light.
- There is not much point in working on my PhD.
- Instead, the students have decided to come up with a peaceful solution.
- Looking up at the large head and down at the large feet makes you feel so small.
- Having a cellphone also makes us feel safer, since we can call for help in case of an emergency.
- Here he worked on a short film, which won him a job as the youngest film director in the world.
- I gave the money to Mary the moment I saw her.
- The people of Beijing will welcome athletes and sports fans from all over the world.
- Today animals in experiments are very well taken care of.
- Who could have taken it?
- Young people are often compared to the rising sun at 8 or 9 o'clock in the morning.
- We have to get in the wheat as soon as possible because a storm is on the way.
- I am a little nervous about, because I am not sure how I should behave at the dinner table.
- We offered him our congratulations on his passing the college entrance exams.
- His father sent him to study law, but instead he developed his love for the theater.
- How can it be that he was late for the opening ceremony
- The last thirty years have seen the greatest number of laws stopping our rights and progress.
- He taught us during the lunch breaks and the evenings when we should have been asleep.
- Having realized that I could use a kite to attract lightning, I decided to do an experiment.
- After all, she is a great musician.
- Now, I think it is really successful experience, and I totally understand what labor means.
- We are blessed with new opportunities and faced with new challenges.
- He made a mistake, but then he corrected the situation before it got worse.
- I have lost one of my gloves.
- Most hotels have websites where you can find answers to your questions
- The reason why he could not go there was that his grades were too low.
- Several weeks had gone by before I realized the painting was missing.
- A proper part-time job does not occupy students' too much time.
- If we work together, we might come up with a very good story.
- The men will have to wait all day unless the doctor works faster.
- Crops such as peas put important minerals back into the soil, making it ready for crops.
- I was pleased that the manager had decided to be angry with me for having been so rude.
- It is believed that practice makes perfect.
- Unfortunately, for most young people, it is not pleasant experience on their first day on campus.
- Thanks to his research, the UN has more tools in the battle to rid the world of hunger.
- Having good table manners means knowing, for example, how to use knives and forks.
- The job was hard, which made me so tired that I almost quit half way.
- When drinking to someone's health, you raise your glasses, but the glasses should not touch.
- I can not keep up with you.
- Having been attacked by terrorists, the tall building collapsed.
- In his war films, he has shown that love and peace will win over war in the end.
- In conclusion, the advantages of studying abroad outweigh its disadvantages.
- Farmers in China have long used techniques such as irrigation to make their land produce more.
- During the next week the wind grew stronger.
- When I grow up I hope to be just as successful as you are.
- Nothing is more important than to receive education.
- Do you think I should report it to the police?
- Our fur is being used to make sweaters for people like you.
- I found the bathroom, but I didn't find what I was looking for.
- We will never forget the happy days we spent together.
- The price has gone down, but I doubt whether it will remain so
- For a long time the language in America stayed the same, while the language in England changed.
- Don't forget to buy me some ketchup on your way back.
- The children are taught at an early age what to do when they come to the city.
- Perseverance is a kind of quality and that's what it takes to do anything well.
- Most people also understand that shaking the head from side to side means disagreement or refusal.
- I stared at the moving model of the waste machine, absorbed by its efficiency.
- It was not until twelve o'clock that I went to bed last night.
- It will take a lot of courage to tell the truth.
- When he makes friends with Wilson, he understands that friendship is about feelings.
- You ought to have come.
- Helen had left her key in the office, so she had to wait until her husband came back home.
- We should make full use of our time to do useful and productive things.
- I prefer to live in the country rather than live in the city.
- There are many plants and animals that only live in New Zealand.
- Nick is looking for another job because nothing he does satisfies his boss.
- Rather than go there by air, I'd take the slowest train.
- You had to pay to get it repaired.
- Television is harmful to developing minds.
- We can learn a lot about what a person is thinking by watching his or her body language.
- So we wrote an article suggesting he was guilty.
- In total, for more than one million people English is their mother tongue.
- It will appeal to those who love Impressionist and Post-Impressionist paintings.
- There are more than 5 countries where the majority of the people speak English.
- She treats the boy as if he were her own son.
- We are determined to create an even better system.
- Only then did I realize that I was wrong.
- I used to write about the Olympic Games a long time ago.
- From this earthquake, I realized that the power of the mass is endless.
- I hate hiking and I'm not into classical music.
- I think students should balance well between the work and the study.
- He conducted a number of experiments in which he showed what electricity is.
- For another reason, I think it will be much more convenient for you to look after your parents.
- On the third day I was struggling through stormy weather.
- The missing boy was last seen playing near the river.
- Is this the reason that he explained at the meeting for his rude manner in his work?
- It will be long before your father comes back from the USA.
- So I think that those who find the Amber Room should decide what to do with it.
- So by the 1600's Shakespeare was able to make use of a wider vocabulary than ever before.
- She searched for a way to increase rice harvests without expanding the area of the fields.
- You should not have left home without a word.
- John said he'd been working in the office for an hour, which was true.
- If we were to panic, we would not be able to help.
- We sometimes tend to think that the ocean bottom is made up of smooth plains.
- I guarantee that I will pay off my debts.
- It's in the Summer Olympics that you have the running races.
- It is important for everyone to learn English well in our rapidly developing world.
- She has helped thousands of men and women come to terms with things that bother them.
- Peter played a trick on Carol and she wouldn't talk to him for two days.
- What interested her most was the longitude line.
- At one point we were so high that we found ourselves cycling through clouds.
- While I don't like biology, I find it interesting.
- I struggled to my knees knowing that somehow I had to put my tent up for shelter.
- I'm writing to request more information about the day tour to London.
- So they left Britain, to which they were never to return, and went back to the lake.
- The students obey the rules and agree not to use their phones in the classroom.
- He said that it is good to grow different plants next to each other in the same field.
- I worked in a business where almost everyone is waiting for a great chance.
- You are saying that everyone should be equal, and this is where I disagree.
- However, on TV and the radio you will hear differences in the way people speak.
- What kind of words do you think you would need to talk about advertising advertisements?
- There are many kinds of sports, but my favorite is swimming.
- In the USA, Columbus Day is in memory of the arrival of Columbus.
- His mother had thought it would be good for his character to get away from home.
- It was a time in which many sad things happened to her.
- They served raw vegetables with the hamburgers and boiled the potatoes rather than fried them.
- My sister Wang Wei and I have dreamed about taking a great bike trip.
- There is no doubt that the boxes were then put on a train.
- Those who are diagnosed with lung cancer need operating on immediately.
- I feel it is your husband who is to blame for the spoiled child
- The process of making rock music, however, is totally different.
- When he woke up, he found himself lost in the forest.
- Today we have reached a stage where we have almost no rights at all.
- Drive carefully so that everyone can enjoy a long life.
- As we joined the big crowd, I got separated from my friends.
- It has often been said that life is difficult as it is.
- I looked carefully at the text and realized that it was intended for women in the countryside.
- Nowadays, both teachers and parents worry a great deal about the student's using the Internet.
- It was not immediately obvious that water was to be fundamental to the development of life.
- I have nothing to confess.
- Changes were just around the corner.
- I'm very satisfied with what we have achieved so far.
- Some people think that we should read extensively.
- He is best known for his novels set in his world on the river.
- Peter sets aside some money every month so that he can buy a new car.
- They were convinced that they were looking through a hole in a wall at a real scene.
- Do some relaxation exercises every time you feel stressed.
- What is it that you want to say
- First we'll put you as an assistant to an experienced journalist.
- I suppose electronic dictionaries are convenient, but lead to laziness.
- Many of today's travelers are looking for an unusual experience.
- We have no choice but to wait here.
- Then she prepares reliable moves to use if a new situation arises.
- Why will they let themselves be killed because they cannot run as fast as this princess?
- You can not imagine that a well-behaved gentleman should be so rude to a lady.
- They should get you started with your project.
- Lying around them were chains, guns, tools, bedding, clothing and many other articles.
- More than years later, Capital James Cook took possession of the islands in.
- Thank you for your consideration.
- The thing that matters is not whether you fail or not, but whether you try or not.
- What do you think has happened to him?
- We are living in an age when many things are done on the computer.
- When you arrive you are rewarded not only with the sight of its clear waters.
- Roses need special care so that they can live through winter.
- Now, the water, which was cold as ice and flowed faster than a river, was above her knees.
- We will do everything we can to save our city.
- New Zealand is an island that lies off the eastern coast of Australia.
- Many of New Zealand's cities lie on a bay and have a natural deep harbor.
- The parks are becoming more advanced and new technology allows us to experience almost anything.
- Helen always helps her mother even though going to school takes up most of her day.
- I am sure that Laura's latest play, once staged, will prove a great success.
- John Snow suggested that the source of all the water supplies be examined.
- She liked the water from the pump so much that she had it delivered to her house every day.
- Steven Spielberg is one of the top directors in the film industry and also has many fans in China.
- He has got himself into a dangerous situation where he is likely to lose control over the plane.
- Your friend comes to school very upset.
- The temperature is controlled with computers, no matter how the weather is outside.
- I got sick and tired of doing the routine work day after day.
- He slowed the bleeding by applying pressure to the wounds until the police arrived.
- He soon got them interested in cycling too.
- The latest surveys show that quite a few children have unpleasant associations with homework.
- He sat there as if he were reading a novel.
- The Red Star Television Factory, which produces TV sets of quality, was set up in the 1980's.
- Now, the leader has asked a group of students to do what they can to save the earth.
- It was only when I reread his poems recently that I begin to appreciate their beauty.
- The talk will be given at the Lecture Hall on Oct.12 th, starting at 3:30 p. m.
- After that it still took seven years before they finally got married.
- That most of languages are now threatened is a serious matter to the people.
- She wants them to let her appear live on the air, hoping that Huike will see her.
- I stayed awake on purpose until half past eleven in order to have a look at the moon by myself.
- Our club is open to adults only.
- The fact that Great Britain is made up of three countries is still unknown to many people.
- They are so hungry that they try boiling a pair of leather shoes for their dinner.
- They guarantee this machine to work for four years.
- People must be stopped from throwing dirty things into the river.
- Should they have patience, they could do the work well.
- I can well remember that there was a time when a deep blue sky could never have kept me spellbound.
- All the preparations for the task have been completed, and we are really to start
- So as you can imagine, if your skin gets burned it can be very serious.
- As far as I can see, there is only one possible way to keep away from the danger.
- There is a good chance that we will see less violence and fewer wars.
- The reason why we were late was that our car didn't come.
- Last but not least, it will definitely benefit the citizens.
- Mary was holidaying with her family in a wildlife park when she was bitten on the leg by a lion.
- You have three layers of skin which act as a barrier against disease.
- He should earn some money on his own.
- We have lots of confidence in our ability to solve any problem.
- Remove clothing using scissors if necessary unless it is stuck to the burn.
- However, this opinion is now being questioned by more and more city residents.
- The idea puzzled me so much that I stopped for a few seconds to try to make it out.
- It is more than ten months since we last met.
- The ocean and seas surrounding the islands are deep blue.
- Reading is to the mind what food is to the body.
- Exhausted, I slid into bed and fell fast asleep.
- Watching a family of sheep wake up is our first activity of the day.
- See you when I get back.
- Unlike traditional amusement parks, theme parks often want to teach visitors something.
- I don't mind her making fun of me.
- Oliver believes that with a million pound bank note a man could survive a month in London.
- What they all have in common is that they combine fun with opportunity to learn something.
- Every time I came to the city I always called on Mr. Smith.
- I'm very glad to have received the letter you sent me two weeks ago.
- This was the moment when Spieberg's career really took off.
- It is where you feel cold, heat or pain and it gives you your sense of touch.
- The English play in which my students acted at the New Year's party was a great success.
- They came to the conclusion that not all things can be done by a computer
- I think highly of those who are searching for the Amber Room.
- They learned from the way the bones were joined together.
- They could not talk about with others.
- New functions are being added to the phones.
- He and his band could not go out anywhere without being followed.
- If anybody calls, tell them I am out, and ask them to leave their names and addresses.
- The Internet has brought about big changes in the way we work.
- Theme parks try to make sure that visitors leave knowing more about their theme.
- Where are all the athletes housed?
- You should read as many books as you possibly can.
- When they were served the ice cream, Yong Hui began to look ill.
- The other day, my brother drove his car down the street at what I thought was a dangerous speed.
- He told me that I could go on a two-day trip to Leshan and Emei, which wasn't too expensive.
- You'll find your colleagues very eager to assist you.
- It's never too old to learn.
- On our way home that night I looked down and saw that the necklace was not around my neck any more.
- But that was the last moment of happiness in our lives.
- Along with the letter was his promise that he would visit me this coming Christmas.
- He would drown his sadness in coffee.
- While ironing clothes, Miss Good accidentally touched the iron.
- When he was there, he would go to that coffee shop at the corner after work every day.
- Mr White should have arrived at 8 for the meeting, but he didn't show up.
- The elephant is about times the weight of an adult.
- God helps those who help themselves.
- Later they may give performances in pubs or clubs, for which they are paid in cash.
- Cellphones, or mobile phones, make it possible for us to talk to anyone from anywhere.
- I wonder, Mr. Adams, if you'd mind us asking a few questions.
- There are altogether eleven books on the shelf, of which five are mine.
- Indeed, he believes that a person with too much money has more rather than fewer troubles.
- If it should snow tomorrow, they couldn't go out.
- I told him that he was a danger to other people on the road.
- Not only is food production important but also taking care of the environment.
- He has made two films about creatures that come to the earth from outer space.
- If you have any questions or requests, please let me know.
- Having swallowed the fruit, the girl became pregnant and later gave birth to a handsome boy.
- My ambition is to work for a firm that develops computer software when I grow up.
- No matter how well translated, something of the spirit of the original work is lost.
- They made peace after Peter treated her to a nice lunch.
- He talks as if he would go to the moon.
- It looks just like a bird's nest made of tree branches.
- I thought Jim would say something about his school report, but he didn't mention it.
- China is becoming more and more prosperous because of the reform policy.
- Using the latest technologies, the Chinese scientists grow vegetables in the greenhouse.
- Hundreds of jobs will be lost if the factory closes
- It is wise to have some money put away for old age.
- The student is on her way to school and she meets a girl that looks exactly like her.
- Chuck is a businessman who is always so busy that he has little time for his friends.
- New Zealand wine is of high quality and is sold all over the world.
- As long as I know the money is safe, I shall not worry about it.
- Only then did we decide to answer violence with violence.
- It goes without saying that we cannot be young forever.
- It disappeared during the Ming and Qing Dynasties.
- Well, towards nightfall I found myself carried out to sea by a strong wind.
- Not all people can aim their guns at the targets.
- I knew the news long before you told me.
- Maybe you forgot you spent the money on something else yesterday afternoon.
- Rock music is OK, and so is skiing.
- Now when people refer to England you find Wales included as well.
- My father advised me not to say anything until asked at the meeting.
- It's high time that they got down to doing the homework.
- The best harvest is reached when farmers changed the crops in their fields.
- My dream came true at last.
- It's amazing how much pleasure you get out of the simple things in life.
- A raft is a small boat that you can use to paddle down rivers and streams.
- I'm so sorry that he should be so careless.
- I should pay Mary a visit, but I'm not sure whether I will have time this Sunday.
- What's there to wait for?
- People began to concentrate less on religious themes and adopt a more humanistic attitude to life.
- It takes a lot of energy to make things from new material.
- To be honest, a lot of people attach great importance to becoming rich and famous.
- I'd like to know more about life as it was two hundred years ago.
- A species can become endangered for different reasons.
- Don't mention that at the beginning of the story, or it may give away the shocking ending.
- There was frost on the ground, confirming that fall had arrived in China.
- Many people agree that a knowledge of English is a must in international trade today.
- It is likely that it will rain in the evening.
- What made her succeed later on was the kindness and consideration she showed to all her patients.
- There was a time when I hated to go to school.
- The taxi driver often reminds passengers to take their belongings when they leave the car.
- It's useless to pretend that you didn't know the truth.
- By now his restaurant ought to be full of people.
- The atmosphere in my family is fantastic.
- Had I known that air conditioners cause so much pollution, I would never have bought one.
- Children usually have far more potential than their parents have realized.
- People may have different opinions about Mary, but I admire her.
- I will have finished my work by the end of next week.
- Whatever happens, we must keep calm.
- This was a time when the two countries were at war.
- The man insisted on finding a taxi for me even though I told him I lived nearby.
- In my opinion, you should come back after you finish your studies abroad.
- I saw a lovely diamond necklace with a big blue stone in the center.
- It seems that your children have entered without permission.
- Standing at a little distance with open hands will show that I am willing to listen.
- He was the black lawyer to whom I went for advice.
- Then I took a trip to Brazil and experienced surviving an airplane crash in the jungle.
- Smoking does great harm to our health
- The United Nations held a meeting that society should be in harmony with nature.
- What all these people have in common is that they ask to be treated with respect.
- Take this opportunity please, and I guarantee you won't regret it.
- Although he thought he was helping us with the work, he was actually in the way.
- This produced a chain reaction, which made it possible for life to develop.
- People say it is Canada's most beautiful city, surrounded by mountains and the Pacific Ocean.
- The reporter said that the UFO was traveling east to west when he saw it
- In a trial, a judge must decide which side to believe and which not to believe.
- Now that you like the car so much, why not drive it back.
- It occurred to him that he had left his key at home.
- While 25 minutes is spent on sports, only 12 minutes goes into housework.
- It is their clothes, make-up and the way they walk that make people laugh.
- The number of workers and engineers has risen to over 2000, and 80% of them are college graduates.
- They must use research to inform themselves of the missing parts of the story.
- My sister wants to work in the power plant which is still being built.
- The preservation of forests has aroused people's wide concern.
- It is certain that he will hand over his business to his son when he gets old.
- He is the only one of the students who has been a winner of scholarship for three years.
- By playing with the words in nursery rhymes, children learn about language.
- There was a lot of fun at yesterday's party.
- It is harder to marry a daughter well than to bring her up well.
- Much as I have traveled, I have never seen anyone who is as capable as John.
- If only they could find a way to get to the room, or whatever it was, behind the wall.
- It is a great honor for me to introduce to you one of my very best friend, Liu Xiang.
- I feel I will be fit for the job needed in your company.
- Some of the games in which the young men completed were: running, jumping and wrestling.
- When you plough the soil, plough deep the first and less deep the second time.
- Steven Spielberg, whose mother was a music teacher, was born in a small town in America.
- It is an experience I shall never forget and shall value for the rest of my life.
- Flora, whose beautiful hair and dress were all cold and wet, started crying.
- Every time you feel like smoking a cigarette, remind yourself that you are a non-smoker.
- Any government, which is blind to this point, may pay a heavy price.
- Since he went to senior high school, he has worked very hard.
- I think my father would like to know what I've been up to so far
- The news that our team has won the game is true.
- Stand over there and you will be able to see it better.
- According to a recent survey, four million people die each year from diseases linked to smoking.
- It seemed that the water was to blame.
- Rome was not built in a day.
- At first my new surroundings were difficult to tolerate.
- Conquering English is not different from conquering a great mountain
- I'm looking forward to the day when Tai Wan returns to China.
- Yet Copernicus' theory is now the basis on which all our ideas of the universe are built.
- The few who cannot see the real person inside my body do not make me annoyed and I just ignore them.
- It wasn't until he came here that I knew the truth.
- I really appreciate what you've done for my family and me.
- A man has two ears and one mouth that he may hear much and speak little.
- Look at the way your hair has been combed.
- This ribbon, which must not get wet, will protect you from the electricity.
- He will have learned English for eight years by the time he graduates from the university next year
- The fire spread through the hotel very quickly but everyone was able to get out.
- Unfortunately, on hearing the news of the accident in the coal mine, she went pale
- It is so nice to hear from her.
- It takes many years for the ecosystem to recover.
- Should it rain tomorrow, we should have to put off the visit to the Great Wall.
- During holidays, some like staying at home while others like traveling.
- In the big city, there are more schools and hospitals available for its people.
- Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.
- New York, which I visited last year, is a nice old city.
- Views on the issue vary from person to person.
- Go and ask tom for whatever you need.
- Just like spoken language, body language varies from culture to culture.
- Many experts point out that physical exercise contributes directly to a person's physical fitness.
- With so much work on hand, you shouldn't have gone to see the game last night.
- These coins are of different sizes and shapes.
- We can give a clear picture and create a special feeling using the minimum of words.
- I should not have eaten so much fried chicken just now.
- If you had followed my advice just now, you would be better now.
- There is a wide variety of new music to be discovered in every corner of the world.
- If not, you may get run over by a car.
- There were dirty marks on her trousers where she had wiped her hands.
- He talks as if he had been to the moon.
- What surprised me was not what he said but the way he said it.
- Once a decision has been made, all of us should stick to it.
- He was generous with his time, for which I was grateful.
- The reason why he came late was that he didn't catch the early bus.
- He looks at the envelope without opening it and decides to go in.
- It is hard to please all.
- She thought I was talking about her daughter while I was talking about my daughter.
- They are all used to their environment.
- It makes wide bends or meanders through low valleys to the plains where rice grows.
- An investigation shows that female workers tend to have a favorable attitude toward retirement.
- It was four o'clock in the afternoon when he and his grandpa reached the museum in Guanghan.
- My car broke down last week and I still haven't had it repaired.
- There's a system where the waste is disposed of using the principles of ecology.
- It is time for us to get down to our studies.
- About four metres long, the room served as a small reception hall for important visitors.
- He took photos of us standing in front of the Buddha.
- They may look beautiful, but inside there is usually more water than vitamins.
- Selecting a mobile phone for personal use is no easy task because technology is changing so rapidly.
- Have a good rest, and you need to save your energy for the tennis match this afternoon.
- I have fully realized that English is essential to my future.
- The instant I did it I knew I had made a mistake.
- Many people are becoming aware of the importance of exercising.
- Today Peter the Great on his bronze horse can once again look out over the city he built.
- I love singing, while my brother likes playing computer games.
- A fact is anything that can be proved.
- One of China's early agricultural scientists was John, who lived in the sixth century.
- The best trick is one that makes everyone laugh.
- It will encourage a greater range of animals, all of which will make life for human beings better.
- The interest shall be divided into five parts, according to the agreement made by both sides.
- She said it would be an experience.
- He placed a fixed sun at the centre of the solar system with the planets going round it.
- He wants to go to town, but she can't afford to buy a bus ticket.
- I wonder if you could tell me more about the trip.
- She stepped back appearing surprised and put up her hands, as if in defence.
- As I'm not sure where to start with my project, I would appreciate any suggestions you may have.
- Not having received a reply, he decided to write again.
- One false step will make a great difference.
- I think my long and active life must be due to the healthy life I live.
- Hiking is fun and exciting, but you shouldn't forget safety.
- A fool may throw a stone into a well which a hundred wise men cannot pull out.
- No one can deny the fact that a person's education is the most important aspect of his life.
- He walked around, stiffly carrying a walking stick.
- The knife and fork that are closest to your plate are a little bit bigger than the ones beside them.
- Oh, I am not feeling well in the stomach.
- The garden that was once so beautiful was completely destroyed, swept away by the wild water.
- It's no use pretending that you didn't know the truth.
- Nothing can live without air and water.
- It's not the gay coat that makes the gentleman.
- They focus on keeping their soil rich and free of disease.
- Come and see me whenever you are convenient
- This solid stone, square tower had remained standing for one thousand years.
- Meanwhile you have to prepare the next question depending on what the person says.
- They use the same senses as we do and their feet and hands are similar to ours.
- I wonder what is being done to help you.
- The story of how I got my new job, and come to be on such good terms with my boss is funny one.
- We may as well have a try and see if it can be done.
- It's very nice of you to help me with my lessons every day.
- He was about to tell me the secret when someone patted him on the shoulder.
- Be careful when you cross this very busy street.
- The telephone had been ringing for two minutes before it was answered.
- She puts her hand into her pocket, takes out her red cellphone and presses the talk key.
- I would have liked to give you a valuable present for your birthday, but I was short of money.
- Frederick William I, to whom the Amber Room belonged, decided not to keep it.
- Unfortunately his father died, leaving the family even worse off.
- Worried about the time available, she had made a list of the sites she wanted to see in London.
- Many people today make choices about their eating habits based on what they believe.
- It looked like a large market because of too many carriages flying by in all directions.
- Mr Bush is on time for everything.
- He could act the fool doing ordinary everyday tasks.
- Jane and Betty are going on separate holidays in a few days' time.
- It will not be long before we meet again.
- I'm not very good at communicating with people.
- I was washing my face when suddenly someone knocked at the door.
- It is only a matter of time before the police catch the thief.
- As is often the case, we have worked out the production plan.
- The news that they got married secretly soon got around.
- It is this fiction that reminds me of my childhood.
- A modern city has been set up in what was a wasteland ten years ago.
- The capsule began swinging gently sideways as we lay relaxed and dreaming.
- Don't be afraid of asking for help when it is needed.
- In the past 10 years, great changes have taken place in our school.
- We must do as much as we can to make our community better and more beautiful.
- My plane leaves at seven, so I think we'll take a taxi.
- Having enjoyed the rides at the Headland, visitors can take the shuttle to the Lowland.
- I think one of reasons is that their families are too poor to afford their schooling.
- Your early reply will be highly appreciated.
- Workers built shelters for survivors whose homes had been destroyed.
- I must have dropped it somewhere.
- An opinion is what someone believes is true but has not been proved.
- My first visit was to a space station considered the most modern in space.
- Coming from a family of English teachers, she always had a particular interest in English.
- Good habits are the crosscut to success.
- Many people are afraid that they will get HIV from those infected with HIV.
- Seen from the top, it looks as if the stadium is covered by a gray net of steel.
- My English-Chinese dictionary has disappeared.
- I was deeply moved by the young boy, because I know Lei Feng is still living in our hearts.
- Finally the England government tried in the early twentieth century to form the United Kingdom.
- I happened to be upstairs at dusk when the window was open.
- The time when I first met Nelson Mandela was a very difficult period of my life.
- Only athletes who have reached the agreed standard for their event will be admitted as competitors.
- When it comes to education, the majority of people believe that it is a lifetime study.
- Only if you ask many different questions, will you acquire all the information you need to know.
- Many of the Chinese medals were won in diving and gymnastics and also in events such as shooting.
- The quest is who can complete the difficult task
- This means going back to the place where we left the family sleeping in a tree the night before.
- It is true that many of the world's greatest cities have been built on the banks of a river.
- The actors make us laugh by making fun of somebody's way of dressing or telling an amusing story.
- Jeff and Flora looked into each other's face with a look of fright.
- I'm disappointed in the performance of our team at the sports meeting.
- Whether we'll go camping tomorrow depends on the weather.
- You must believe in what you do and who you want to succeed in the world.
- Friends don't add up what they do for each other.
- When we get closer to the moon, we shall feel its gravity pulling us.
- We should get into the good habit of using our time wisely.
- She insisted that she organize the trip properly.
- The water companies were instructed not to expose people to polluted water any more.
- The winds increased so much that I had to put my tent up before the winds became too strong.
- On Sunday, May 18, we will visit Beijing, which has a history of 400 years.
- If we know more about what causes the result, we may be able to take measures before it is too late.
- The accident is reported to have occurred on the first day in February.
- What comedians have in common with the players in a comedy is their way of playing with words.
- While I accept that he is not perfect, I do actually like the person.
- Can you tell me what your school is like?
- What I really want to know is whether he will go abroad next month
- As is reported in the newspapers, talks between the two countries are making progress
- When a pencil is partly in a glass of water, it looks as if it were broken.
- Many new houses had been built and roads had been widened.
- Now in the rural areas, there are many children out of school.
- I don't mind picking up your things from the store.
- It is a great honor for Beijing that the Olympic Games will be held in Beijing
- As has been announced, we shall have our final exams next month.
- With the increasingly rapid economic growth, more problems are brought to our attention.
- While you are reading, it is a good idea to make a mark where necessary.
- If you have spare time to visit my hometown, I'd be more than happy to be your guide.
- The news of their secret wedding soon got around.
- The human beings have been able to keep a small, secret school open since the machines took over.
- I am so sorry that I won't be able to attend tomorrow's lecture on American history.
- Strong, proud and united, the people of St Petersburg are the modern heroes of Russia.
- Lose one hour in the morning and you will be looking for it in the rest of the day.
- The evening news comes on at seven o'clock and lasts only thirty minutes.
- If the neighbours do not give any sweets, the children might play a trick on them.
- There is no need for us to discuss the problem again since it has already been settled.
- Anyhow, my goal is to provide humans with a life of high quality.
- We have a need to stay in touch with friends and family no matter where we are or what we are doing.
- Students should know how to take advantage of their time.
- A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
- You can eat the food free in my restaurant whenever you like it
- It is usually crowded with a large number of passengers.
- Don't leave the water running while you brush your teeth.
- Now his ambition is to become an actor.
- The city is located on the banks of the Long River.
- Do you still remember the farm we visited three months ago?
- I did know what he would do
- They play music to satisfy their inner desire.
- In terms of money they are quite rich, but not in terms of happiness.
- Sadly, although the Amber Room was considered one of the wonders of the world, it is now missing.
- People who spend more time with their families are usually healthier and happier.
- In this book, Hawking explains both what it means to be a scientist and how science works.
- As far as I'm concerned, I am in favor of the opinion that he will win the game.
- How they went to America is what I want to know.
- I want to know whether the thief was caught on the spot.
- Even though you love it, they don't love it.
- Obviously, it is about time that we took some effective measures to solve the problem.
- He kept looking at her, wondering whether he had seen her somewhere.
- You can also explore Frick's beautiful home and garden which are well worth a visit.
- Friendship is one of the most precious emotions in our life.
- The leading actor is world famous.
- I found myself spending a whole day in my tent.
- More and more people are aware that it is important to obey the traffic rules.
- He was glad to have the dog as company.
- All the information was then ready to be processed into film negatives.
- She calls her best friend Xiao Li at least once a day to see how she is doing and what is going on.
- He met Cate Capshaw, who is an actress, when he was working on one of his films.
- When Darlene Coulon came dashing through the door, she recognized Tony Garcia's smiling face.
- It seemed strange that the man who had developed communism should have lived and died in London.
- Let's work together to make our world a better place.
- Watch him and then try to copy what he does.
- His failure was due to the fact that he had not practised for a long time.
- I have a very busy life with no time to sit around feeling sorry for myself.
- Having been told that her daughter got sick, she hurried to the school to take her home.
- Smiles around the world can be false, hiding other feelings like anger, fear or worry.
- Smoking has a great influence on our health.
- He was fined a large sum of money by the judge for drunken driving
- By the end of last year, another new gymnasium had been completed in Beijing
- When are you off to Guangzhou?
- Tom ought not to have told me your secret, but he meant no harm.
- People seem to fail to take into account the fact that education does not end with graduation.
- The final examination is coming up soon.
- After that, what happened to the Amber Room remains a mystery.
- She also worked hard to make as many countries as possible agree not to use them.
- Instead they offer help when it is needed.
- I wonder if it's because I haven't been able to be outdoors for so long.
- Upon arrival, the specialist advised the AIDS patient to calm down.
- Tom could have passed the exam, but he wasn't careful enough.
- Linda didn't go to bed until midnight so that she could finish reading the book.
- It was a matter of who would take the position.
- Classes in our school usually finish at four in the afternoon.
- There was a time when this village used to be very quiet.
- As time went by, I did research into how to make my radio.
- Hit by a lack of fresh air, my head ached.